CrabNebula Cloud is a way to distribute apps across multiple platforms and architectures all from one unified platform. Using the power of our Rust-powered CLI, you can automate uploading and releasing your app from your CI pipeline of choice or directly from your computer.
CrabNebula Cloud is comprised up of two components:
- Cloud Platform: Manage all of your organizations, apps, and releases from a centralized web app.
- Command Line Interface (CLI): A tool to automate uploading and releasing your app binary. Download it from the public page.
To begin using CrabNebula Cloud go to http://crabnebula.cloud/. There you can use your GitHub account to sign up for the platform.
The next step will be to create an organization.
Set up an Organization
Application, billing, members, and organization-specific settings are managed at the organization level. Organizations allow a user to collaborate in multiple organizations and for apps to be shared with multiple users.
When you first create an account you will be asked to create a new organization with the following information:
- Organization’s name: The public name of the organization apps belong to
- Organization’s slug: A unique identifier for the organization
Once you have created the organization, you will be asked to enter your billing information and sign up for a subscription before you can start using our services. Details on how to do this can be found in the Billing section.
Afterwards you will be able invite other users to join the organization. For more information on how to do this, see Invite a Member.
Create an Application
An application represents a single app distributed to users. A single application can support multiple platforms and architectures.
- Name: A human-readable name for the application. This is shown on the application’s market page.
- Slug: An identifier for your application.
- Visibility: If an application is “Public” then a market page is created.
- Description (optional): A description that is shown on the application’s market page.
The overview page for an application is divided into multiple sections:
- Description: Used on the Market page for public applications. Supports markdown styling.
- Details: Application metadata such as the ID, name, slug and visibility. This section also contains the “Home” and “Repository” fields that are displayed on the market page for public applications.
- Statistics: Overall metrics for the application.
- Releases: List of drafts and published versions of the app.
- Tauri updater: Updater code snippet to use if your application is built with Tauri.
- Danger zone: Delete the application or change the visibility.
Create an API Key
An API key is used to authenticate to the Cloud Platform when using the CLI. To create an API key:
- Open “Settings” in the Cloud Platform.
- Select “New API key”.
- Give the key a name, an expiration, and select the scope. A “Read, write” scope is required for creating drafts, uploading assets, and publishing releases from the CrabNebula Cloud CLI.
Create a Release
Creating a release is done with the CrabNebula Cloud CLI. After building an app locally or in a CI environment, follow these steps to create, upload, and publish a release of the app: